Industry's First Integrated Electronic Ballast

jewban

Outer Orbit is claiming that they have developed this. Is this a safe purchase....its a great deal...2x150HQI 10,000K and 2x130 dual bulb True Blue Actinics and 6 Lunar Lights all for $615...I need a new light urgently it is a very tempting purchase...I would appreciate anybodys opnion on the hardware.
Thanks

fishgeek01

if the fixture you are referring to is the outer orbit, i have the 48 inch 2x150 watt mh and 2x130 watt pc actinic and i love it, also the 6 moon lights give it a real night time effect, while still allowing you to veiw the tank when the lights are out. it is def better than the set up i had before (4x96 wattt pc) i paid only 385 for my orbit though on the auction sight, plus 45 dollars to ship. check out the auction site see if you can find it cheaper thats what i did. and the ballasts are intergrated into the light fixture so all you have are cords from the back. it makes it really nice, plus it comes with 2 timers and the little feet to put it on top of your tank, or the hanging brackets so you can hang it from the ceiling, the fixture gets a little warm, but only raises my temp about 1 degree total OVERALL 5 STARS

fishgeek01

thats to bad, its worth it, but like i said i got a heck of a deal on mine, some guy that runs a petstore was using it as a display, used it for 45 days he said then put another fixture on his tank, if you have the time to wait i would see if you can find one cheaper, but if you don't have the time to wait and you have the money i would get it...

isistius

i have the 60" version of that light. 2x150 10000k + 2x130 pc + 6 moonlights.
i love the light. the only exception i would make if i were to buy it would be to get the 72" version, since my tank is 6'. however, since it was FREE i can't really complain now can i?
also, imo, i would change out the 10000k for 14 or 15000k hqi's. which i will be doing very shortly.
the only drawback is finding the 130 watt pc's for replacements. i only found 3 or 4 sites online for them. they're usually right around $50 each. the lsf's around here said they would have to special order them for me and they would cost almost $90 a piece.
other than that, i love the lights.