Indy 500 Predictions???

robchuck

Who do you all think will win this year's Indy 500?
Honda power looks really strong, especially in the Andretti/Green and Rahal/Letterman cars. But the weather forecast is calling for a 40% chance of T-storms, so there is a good chance of a rain-shortened race bringing forth an unheralded winner.
Still, I have a feeling that the winner will be either Dario Franchitti or Dan Wheldon!

teen

i seen on msn that some girl is racing so im gonna go with her :joy: dont know who she is or what team shes on though :D

robchuck

Originally Posted by teen
i seen on msn that some girl is racing so im gonna go with her :joy: dont know who she is or what team shes on though :D
Danica Patrick. She's on Team Rahal/Letterman, has Honda power, is starting from the inside of the 2nd row, and was quickest in final practice yesterday. She's got a really good shot, but I think her lack of experience at Indy will keep her from getting to the winner's circle.

teen

idk if shell really win, but it would be cool i guess if a new girl racer got in there and beat all the guys at racing. driving/racing is usually a guy thing, so im gonna go ahead and say shell win it all :joy:

coralcrazy

She came so close!! Kind of sucks the crew did not plan the gas load better. She might have had a better chance but was running so lean. Think it would be great for the sport to have her win some!!

robchuck

This year's race was easily the best since '95 in my mind. It was great to see Michael Andretti finally make it to victory lane at IMS and my guy Danny Wheldon win the race!
I give Danica credit for a great finish, but she did make a few mistakes during the race, including the crash on the restart with about 45 laps to go that took out two top-10 drivers. But she had enough luck shining on her that allowed her to finish the race with one less stop than the other teams.