Info needed for anemones

schadiest1

please help me out, I'm trying to decide on which anemone to buy. So what I need from everyone is what they know or have seen with either a carpet anemone or a sebae anemone. I have a 75 gal. tank with a 260 watt coralife pc light hood.

inkman2004

From what everyone says 260w PC would not be strong enough for a carpet. I have 260w and have a bubble tip that seems to be doing fine. I think the sebae would be ok, but don't go on my word I am pretty new at this. Hope that helped.

redsharky

carpet anemones get very big and would outgrow your tank quickly... i had a purple carpet get about 30 inches in daimeter in my 240... sebae anemones are difficult to feed and keep alive
i also would recommend a bubble tip anemone as they are strong and easy to keep alive and could possible reproduce... :jumping: when choosing a anemone make sure its eating and becareful not to check the foot for lacerations...

thegrog

Think about a BTA. Carpets get big and need more light than you have. Sebaes are hard to keep alive.

dory36

Here's a pic of my clown Bozo in his BTA. I don't know why, but my BTA has been on the move this week. :notsure:

ricks280

schad, i have a carpet in my 55 for almost 2 years, im only running 1x30w blue, and 1x30 wat white fluros and no problem, the biggest issue that you have to consider is that carpet are very good at catching fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rick.

schadiest1

yeah the whole thing about carpet anemone's eating fish really scared me away from them. i was very close to buying one.... but I like my fish. My bta is full of color and life (and won't eat my fish).

J

jacob_poly

Hi Ricks,
Am amazed that you are able to maintain a carpet with just 60 W Total!!! Nice picture also.
Jake.

ricks280

thanks guys, i will post some other pics soon with my other project (280gal) it was ment to be delivered this past saturday but the guy let me down, so im hoping for this friday now. (rick) :mad:

itchy

Okay guys here goes...lol
I bought this anemone the other day and it only took my clowns about 12 hours before they were all over it. Now here is my question....LFS sold it as a sebae, now I know it is not a sebae but believe it is a LTA. Can you confirm for me.