Info please

goody43

Ok so i posted about this in the anemone section and nobody has answerd yet so i thought i would try this one out. these anemones have started poping up and multiplying rapidly. I was told that they are ball anemones (so far ive counted 45 of them varrying in size from only a couple millimeters to the size of a nickel in my 30 gal SW tank) and are hitchiker but when i looked online i found that they can eat fish. should i be worried that my fish will start disapearing if they get big enough and if so how can i get rid of them if they are bad.

C

cust11

I would try lemon juice or vinegar injections. Kalkwasser would be equally effective I assume.

spanko

I had or may still have a few. They never seemed to grow so I left them alone. Have done a resape recently and now I don't know where or even if they are in the tank. Pseudocorynactis sp. Let them be for a while if you decide you don't want them later on then act on them. Just keep an eye on them until they are a pest to you. I think they are pretty cool creatures actually.

defcon11

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2986665
I had or may still have a few. They never seemed to grow so I left them alone. Have done a resape recently and now I don't know where or even if they are in the tank. Pseudocorynactis sp.
Let them be for a while if you decide you don't want them later on then act on them. Just keep an eye on them until they are a pest to you. I think they are pretty cool creatures actually.
+1 I have some in my tank and they don't bother anything.

goody43

ok thats good to know cause i didnt want them eating everything in my tank if they get big but if you dont think they will get that big ill let them be cause i like them too. they look really cool at night when my lunar lights come on you can see all the tips. thanks for the help