Information PLEASE

rosco1

I was sitting here tonight watching the activity in my 90gal.FO tank and noticed there is something stuck to the glass. Upon closer observation there are many white things stuck to the inside glass of the tank. From a small distance you would mistake it as being somthing like strofoam stuck to the glass but it's not. (It also looks like a piece on glue) I pulled one from the tank and it kinds feels like a gel. Would anyone know what this could be???? It couldn't be some kind of egg could it?? I am going to try to get a photo to post. They are very small so I don't know if this is an option.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Tank includes
Clowns
Rock Beauty
lawnmoyer blenny
blue cronis
blue damel
Cardnials
hermit crabs an a few snails

garick

can you take a pic and if the tank is new or you have new LR it could be anemones off the live rock, it could be sponges if they are soft and squishy like foam, or some sort of worms that come off the LR and make little white circularly like things on the glass.

rosco1

I will try and post a pic tonight. If it would be worms how bad is that? Would I have to medicate my tank or just remove them?

rosco1

I am having trouble posting my pic's I think they may be too big. I will try to resize them. But If I can't get them posted for anyone to view Can you tell me if those white circularly things you spoke of are a danger to my tank.
Thanks Again

chrisnif

Spinoid worms (hard white circles on the glass) are filter feeders and of no concern. What I'd be concerned with is if these things on your glass look like little tiny jelly fish they could be some type of hydroid...there are others who know more but that might be a guess.

M

moatdaddy

hey man, i have the same issue and i found out mine are snail eggs/babies because they move. check if they have a spiral which mine dont.

rosco1

That thought had crossed my mind because I had snail eggs in a fresh water tank long ago. But these look a little different.(there white in color instead of clear) I will keep my eye on it. I'm just hoping if it's something harmful I should try to remove them somehow.