Inhabitants to a 180 Gallon Tank

hnf2k

One of Each: Naso Tang, Hippo Tang, Unicorn Tang, Purple Tang, Powder Brown Tang, Sailfin Tang, Annularis Angel, Asfur Angel, Queen Angel, Coral Beauty Angel, Snowflake Eel, Pearlscale Butterfly, Dogface Puffer, Niger Trigger, and 6 Damsels.
that is someone's setup that i saw online today. is that very overpopulated or would i be able to have that in my tank? that is in a 180 gallon tank.
i would also change some of the fish around if possible, like drop the damsels, and maybe 1-2 of the tangs and get a lionfish instead. and change the snowflake eel with a zebra eel. any chance?

sistrmary

6 tangs and 4 angels? Good lord...they're either extremely lucky with those fish, or they're sitting on a bloodbath timebomb. Even if they're all an inch long, they're overstocked. I guess with that many aggressive fish it would be pretty hard for one of them to declare dominance though lol

hnf2k

fmarini you have the exact type of tank i want. but everyone is saying it's a lot harder without a cleanup crew...this true? i see you have at least 3 different lions, an eel, what else? is it hard to take care of? you have any pics of the full tank?

fmarini

Hi:
If i recall correctly i have 5 species of lions. Do you need a cleanup crew??? I never even considerd one, why.......
becuz i am the clean up crew.
I am totally anal about water quality and the condition/health of the fish.
Every month I do 60gals of water change. During this time, I vaccum 1/3 to 1/2 the CC substrate, then add back new clean SW proper ph and buffer.
I have a custom sized bullet skimmer and it removes about 8-12oz daily of black funk. i also use O3 injected into this skimmer.
been doing this same routine for almost 7yrs.
Don't ask about feeding these guys eat way better than i ever will
Both volitans had to be removed recently becuz they got too big and ate tankmates and really polluted the water. The wolf eel is also gone becuz its would kill off tankmates as well (has been replaced by zebra moray)
frank

hnf2k

you have any pics of your whole tank setup? what are the specs of your tank? how much cc, live rock, etc?

fmarini

hi
lets see...tanks is a custom 180gal acrylic.
50gal sump (drilled out tank) wet/dry and 50lbs of live rock
80 lbs of live rock in tank, prolly 150lbs of CC
42" tall bullet XL driven by a Mak4, ozotech 350mg ozone unit
I keep the lights off the tank except when i want to see in. Ambient lighting at all times (no nuscience algaes)
I don't recall if i have full tank shots
frank