Insane Prices on Fire shrimp!

walmart

fenn. i went to AA today to pick up something and i went looking for the fire shrimp and i could only find one. it was 69.99. like you said but those were XL so they were fully grown. but i know they were 25 3 weeks ago in a different tank.

fenrir

Yeah wallmart I just called AA and they said there getting alot more stock by tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I can get a better deal. And Pontius lol thanks, I am a GameCock fan stuck in Buckeye country!

walmart

Hey man BUCKEYES ALL THE WAY!
ok i would find another place to buy fish there are better prices and healthier specimens. go to yellowbook.com and type in "Phishy" and go there.

cuteclown

Originally Posted by walmart
ok i would find another place to buy fish there are better prices and healthier specimens. go to yellowbook.com and type in "Phishy" and go there.
GO BUCKS!!!!!!
:jumping: :cheer: :cheer:

fenrir

Hey Im not raggin on them or anything, but seriously did Tressel even watch footage of the gators playing? Cmon my Gamecocks owned the gators the entire game and only lost because the best kicker in the sec had his one off day. But anyway back to fish, ill definatly try the yellow pages.

walmart

ya i picked up light for 75 bucks! ya but that place is top of the line everything is pre qt for 2 weeks ( i still rec that you qt too) great prices but that one shimp is liek 27 there.

poppydaisy

there is one near where I live. they have skunk cleaner shrimp for $19.00 and fire shrimp for $29.00 :happyfish

alyssia

Originally Posted by walmart

I love Phishy's!

sigmachris

Fen,
I forgot to mention this yesterday when we talked about shrimp...make sure you drip acclimate for a good 2 hours. Shrimps I've read need the most TLC when acclimating, but are hardy after that.
-Chris

fenrir

Yeah I am already careful about the acclimating thing. SW fish are a lot more expensive than my guppies and mollies I used to buy, so I am extra precauitios. Also I will bring it to their attention today when I go back if they don't have any smaller ones for sale.

sigmachris

I wouldn't pay them more than $40...there are other LFS to give your business to, it just may be a bit more driving.

earlybird

Originally Posted by Fenrir
Yeah I am already careful about the acclimating thing. SW fish are a lot more expensive than my guppies and mollies I used to buy, so I am extra precauitios. Also I will bring it to their attention today when I go back if they don't have any smaller ones for sale.
Not all fish stores are bad. But I think its good to remind them that there are educated consumers out there and they are way overpriced. If they want to keep customers coming back they have to be a little more realistic. I'm all for helping the local small businesses by paying a little more from time to time but not in cases such as this.

fenrir

Well I just got back, and they had a lot more stock which was cool. They then had smaller fire shrimp but they still wanted $50 for one so I opted for the cleaner shrimp. I also picked up a Emerald crab and a twin sopt goby which are all aclamating right now. I will post pictures later tonight.

bs21

LFS i go to has fire shrimp for a really high price also can't remember exactly but it was up there. Cleaner shrimp for like $35 and feather dusters for $80 which i think is crazy.