Inspired by NM Reef

T

tizzo

What I wanna know is... "How did you transfer that inspiration to your wallet??!!"
I see all kinds of inspiring tanks, but I can't seem to get out of the store with quite that much!
And yeah, we need more pics cause right now we're looking at a bunch of shells, (LOL)

kidwicked

do they sell giant clams?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_clam
One of a number of large clam species native to the shallow coral reefs of the South Pacific and Indian oceans, they can weigh more than 180 kilograms (400 pounds) and measure as much as 1.5 metres (5 feet) across.
put that in your tank. :hilarious
The numbers in the wild have been greatly reduced by extensive overharvesting for food and the aquarium trade.

1journeyman

Yipes... when those all grow to full size they are going to BE the whole aquarium!
Look beautiful, I should be receiving my first 2 clams tomorrow!

sebae09

Yes the sell giant clams. look for the gigas clam but the problem with haveing such a large clam is the amount of calcium it would use on a daily basis. im not sure many peoples wallets can keep up with that much calcium.

sleasia

what are the types most of you are getting for your home reefs? definately need to know which ones will grow too big....

fishieness

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Croceas stay under 8' usually. The others get over 18' I believe.
the two maximas will get about 12 and the derasa can get as large as 2 feet! :scared: the derasa's grow pretty fast to compared to others. and just think about how much Ca and ALK those puppies will suck out of there. i hope you have a Ca reactor for when they get larger
lol