Interaction in my tank...

hook

Bought some damsels today and one of the 3 stripe damsels is antagonizing one of my emerald crabs..... everytime i try to get a pic of it the damsel swims away... it's pretty funny.... I'm just stoked to see stuff moving in my tank lol....

drose

Originally Posted by snccoulter
Watch the Damsel it will bully everything. They are the pitbulls of the sea.
Ain't it the truth! They can be mean buggers.

lion_crazz

Watch the Damsel it will bully everything. They are the pitbulls of the sea.
Yep, I agree. You will sooner or later want them out.

symon

HI ya Hook, Glad to see you got your tank cycled and got some life in there! Although You will probably not like the way damsels treat any other fish you put in later!
Good Luck!

hook

Originally Posted by Symon
HI ya Hook, Glad to see you got your tank cycled and got some life in there! Although You will probably not like the way damsels treat any other fish you put in later!
Good Luck!
i'll plan on getting rid of them one way or another eventually...... also got a huma huma in my tank........ tryin to figure out if a dogface puffer will get along... if so that'll be my next fish (in a few weeks or so...).... what kind of tank set up do you have?

snccoulter

I have a 125 wit a 55 gallon sump underneath at this time but when I get back from my deployment I am going to move my sump into the space under my stairs and turn that into my fish room. I will have a 37 tall for a quarantine tank. At this time I have a Gorgonian, 2 yellow tangs a couple of powder blue tangs snails stars queen conch lawnmower blenny 2 pencil urchins cleaner wrasse and who else knows my wife has been putting stuff in. I just ask her to make sure most will be compatible with corals so I can update some lights when I get home and do a complete reef. I cant complain to much she dose not like to mess with it but she has kept it looking good and clean for the last 4 months and I will get to play when I get home in 2 more months. It sure would be nice if they would allow me to have a tank in my dorm over here in S.W.A.

hook

I have a 125 wit a 55 gallon sump underneath at this time but when I get back from my deployment I am going to move my sump into the space under my stairs and turn that into my fish room. I will have a 37 tall for a quarantine tank. At this time I have a Gorgonian, 2 yellow tangs a couple of powder blue tangs snails stars queen conch lawnmower blenny 2 pencil urchins cleaner wrasse and who else knows my wife has been putting stuff in. I just ask her to make sure most will be compatible with corals so I can update some lights when I get home and do a complete reef. I cant complain to much she dose not like to mess with it but she has kept it looking good and clean for the last 4 months and I will get to play when I get home in 2 more months. It sure would be nice if they would allow me to have a tank in my dorm over here in S.W.A.
yeah that would be cool...... sounds like an awesome set up!

snccoulter

it is pretty nice and I have had a lot of fun with it I got the tank stand sump and pumps for 1100 I was ecstatic at the price I have had this one for a one and half years I use to have a 75 gallon tank but it was not big enough I hope to put a 500 in a wall someday.

hook

i think we all have a wall we want to put a 500 gallon tank in... that would just be SICK! can't wait til me and my girlfriend buy a house... then it will be on! lol