Interesting growth in the tank

pterois

I've found some interesting things in the tank the past couple of weeks.
1) Clear thing with tentacles growing on the rock

2) White coral?

3) Snails, lots of snails

4) White dots all over the inside glass (impossible to capture with my camera)
Very interesting growth on the live rock: purple, green and orange. There are tracks in the sand that are most certainly a worm, but I've only seen him out once when a piece of frozen mysis shimp fell to the bottom. He attacked it.
He's clear with lots of legs.
I'm only adding Seachem Trace and water changes with Instant Ocean twice a month. I fed the tank as if it had inhabitants with flakes (new life spectrum), frozen mysis shrimp and frozen brine shrimp every 2 days.
Anything I need to change for those I've photographed to keep them happy?
Thanks,
Angela

clarkiiclo

Well the first picture is an aiptasia. Kill it. They are a pest and will quickly overtank you setup if you ignore them.
Kalkwasser made into a paste is popular. Also Joes Juice works well.
I have seen others use lemon juice or boiling water but I think those are too hard to apply.
The white coral I dont know what that is. Im sure someone else will identify it.
The worm is probally a bristleworm. They are tank cleaners. If he is huge I would consider removing him. By huge I mean the size of a pencil or more in diameter.
You can also add the pictures to your post by resizing them to a maximum of 500x500.
Some people dont like to click on links.
Good luck!

clarkiiclo

Oh yeah, forgot to say the snails are good and the white things on your glass do they resemble are coiled snail shell?

timo

The white appears to be a coral skeleton that died off as a function of removing it from the ocean (collection and curing).
It should soon turn colour as algaes inhabit it.

pterois

Thanks for the definate ID on the first one as aiptasia. Too bad, he's kind of cute. Oh well, will work on getting him out. I read about a fish that likes to eat those, but wonder if that's the way to go, since I'll be adding more corals in January.
Too bad about the skeleton too. It's about 5 inches long x 3 inches wide, and very pretty.
Yes, there are quite a few snails on the glass. Some don't have shells and some do. I picked up some small shells (non-painted) last night at a craft store and boiled them this morning.
There is also some white dots that have long white filament coming out of them and are swaying in the water. Some are attached to the glass and some on the rock. They are too tiny to photograph.
The worm I saw was about 2 inches long.
Hitch-hikers are interesting.
Angela