Interesting Observation

fenrir

Well I have been stuck home for the last three days with the flu and it has allowed me to watch my tank through out the day at a time that I usually can't. I have noticed something odd that I didn't think happened with these three critters. I have a mated pair of tiger pistols in my 14G Bio-cube along with a clown and a Bicolor Blenny. I have been noticing that the Bicolor and pistols are living together in the same rock/sand holes and will hang out together in the caves. Has anyone else seen fish pair with pistols like this? I was under the assumption that only certain gobies did this with the shrimp.

btldreef

Originally Posted by Fenrir
http:///forum/post/3203673
Well I have been stuck home for the last three days with the flu and it has allowed me to watch my tank through out the day at a time that I usually can't. I have noticed something odd that I didn't think happened with these three critters. I have a mated pair of tiger pistols in my 14G Bio-cube along with a clown and a Bicolor Blenny. I have been noticing that the Bicolor and pistols are living together in the same rock/sand holes and will hang out together in the caves. Has anyone else seen fish pair with pistols like this? I was under the assumption that only certain gobies did this with the shrimp.
I've caught my tail spot blenny in the same cave as my randalli's. Of course my yasha goby that is supposed to be paired with one of the 2 pistols I have won't go near them (i bought them paired too)

ericjn

Back when I was just starting over a year year and a half ago. I had a black blenny and a lunar wrasse and they would often swim around doing odd figure 8 around the tank one would go one way the other went the other way. Right before they would hit eachother both would make an impressive adreian peterson/L.T. move and miss by a matter of inches lol it was awesome!

fishkid13

I guess its like a classroom, sometimes you will find a buddy, and other times your find someone you wan't to avoid, or eat.