interesting question ????

pacino

:thinking: i was just curious, has there ever been a study on the amount of noise going on inside the water of one of our tanks? i just wonder if the fish get stressed by the noise ever. i mean there is no way it is natural. with the powerheads and pumps, skimmers. even if they are in a sump or whatever, there has to be some amount of noise underwater right? :notsure:

thangbom

actually, sound if magnified in water.. next time you take a bath.. sink your head underwater and do anything.. you will be amazed by what you can hear.. even your heartbeat..

keleighr

most of the treatments tell you not to do it with your invertabrates as well as your live rock.
there are some that say that they are safe but then you have to treat the tanks for weeks and weeks at a time.
if you guys have something that you can use in the tank that works with all that in there
tell me!!! :jumping: :jumping:
knock on wood i haven't had to use any of it!!

celacanthr

Originally Posted by keleighr
most of the treatments tell you not to do it with your invertabrates as well as your live rock.
there are some that say that they are safe but then you have to treat the tanks for weeks and weeks at a time.
if you guys have something that you can use in the tank that works with all that in there
tell me!!! :jumping: :jumping:
knock on wood i haven't had to use any of it!!
???????????????????????????????????????????????

pacino

well i guess it wasnt a good question after all. yes i know there are waves crashing and all that, but there arent any powerheads in the reefs around the world. and a bath? im 6'1, i havent been able to sit in a bath tub since i was 13-14

promisetbg

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
???????????????????????????????????????????????
I second that. :notsure:

turboeel

Originally Posted by pacino
well i guess it wasnt a good question after all. yes i know there are waves crashing and all that, but there arent any powerheads in the reefs around the world. and a bath? im 6'1, i havent been able to sit in a bath tub since i was 13-14

i am 6'6 and I can sit in a bath. :notsure: