intervention

reefkprz

basically the whole thing was a waste of effort but we tried. she just isnt ready to get away from this nutjob and we cant hold her against her will. pretty much have to write the whole thing off as a lost cause. its sad to say she will probably never get awayf rom this clown untill he kills her or something almost as drastic.

mimzy

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2777453
basically the whole thing was a waste of effort but we tried. she just isnt ready to get away from this nutjob and we cant hold her against her will. pretty much have to write the whole thing off as a lost cause. its sad to say she will probably never get awayf rom this clown untill he kills her or something almost as drastic.
WHAT??? oh man. well.... you guys were awesome to try and help her... what a huge, ridiculous shame.
what happened??

reefkprz

the way the whole thing played out was ridiculous. he acted tough on the phone and he's awful tough when it was just him and her but once he was face to face with real people like I predicted he was a sniveling coward. unfortunatly her spine shriveled along with his. the whole thing just makes me sick.

al mc

Reef..Very honorable of you and your family to put yourself potentially in harm's way. However, relationships like this have this type of pattern in my experience and until she is ready to get out there is little anyone can do.
Personally, I would still keep your location secretive. If he knows where you live and she does leave, whether she goes to you or someone else for safety he is likely to come to your home. If he is intoxicated on either drugs or alcohol at that time even if he is a 'coward' bad things can insue.
Again....I applaud your heart and effort

tangman99

Sorry man, but I'm not surprised. That's the cycle. One of my friends in the day was called out repeatedly to this one house for domestic violence and the woman would be beat up. They would arrest the guy and within 24 hours she would bail him out. He always said he wished the guy would give him a reason to use force and one day he did. They were arguing when he arrived and he had been there so many times he let his guard down. The guy punched her and then hit my friend. When my friend grabbed him and proceeded to take him down, his wife jumped on my friends back and tried to wrestle his 9mm out of his holster. It all ended ok, and the guy did end up getting a Battery on LEO charge. I have no idea if she ever left him or not though.
Much respect to you though for your efforts. Don't give up but wait for the right opportunity. You can't imagine the level of fear someone in her position experiences that make them stay. It usually takes removing the abuser for an extended period of time to get them to open up.

sharkbait9

Hey Man for what its worth. You made a valiant effort to lend a helping hand. Sometimes women are scared to be alone or the aftermath of what potential could happen. Like my brothers say (who are cops) Domestics are the worst call to walk in on.
God forbid anything should happen, at least you can lay down at night with a clean and clear conscious that you tried to help. Will that make you feel better? Doubt it, if you were willing to help and something happens, nothing makes a person feel “ok”.
Glade your ok, a little worried about your safety I have to admit. I mean come on, who would i call for local info when we go to main??????

leopard_babe

It takes alot to get a woman to leave a man. She has to be completely fed up. That takes awhile. Nice try for the effort. It sucks to know a man could be so abusive to a woman, but when it comes to another man, they are spineless cowards.

jennythebugg

tobin bob and i did this with my cousin when her bfriend hit her and her 8lb preemie son we wouldnt let her shrivel haha bob stood in front of the balcony where her pos boyfriend was, of course he wouldnt do anything with a REAL MAN standing there , the jerks never do
me and tobin just started throwing her stuff in bags and taking it to the car, she had no choice once she was in my house i wouldnt let her leave or use the phone for a week so that the brainwashing had some time to wear off and she could see by watching tobin and bob how a man is supposed to treat women, now she is happy and in tennessee and engaged to a really great guy