Intrest in custom acrylic sumps?

bchbum189

I have made 4 sumps out of acrylic now and each one has been designed different. I have made them all for local people and so far things have worked out great. Is there a demand here online for people that would want a sump made to their specs? I love making these things and wouldnt mind doing it as kind of a side job for some extra cash, I found a local acrylic shop that cuts them to exact specs and has it all ready withing 3 hours so my turn around is quick. I use weld on 3 to glue and weld on 16 to seal, flame polish all exterior edges and use which ever thickness is prefered by you. So lets hear it, who would be interested in having one made? Cost of materials for say a 30"long by 16"high, by 13"deep would run about $90 plus around 4 hours of my time to make it. Thats just a generalization

acrylic51

Trust me shipping is where it's going to get costly
Have you checked out what size boxes you'll need to pack certain size sumps and what the shipping will run?

bchbum189

i have a box that im going to take in one day and see what it runs to ship to anywhere in US just so i can get an idea, at least its a rectangle and styrafoam should be all i need

jasenhicks

Bvhbum... i live in chesapeake... i can come get it. How much do you charge total? Id need it 40" long, 10" wide and 16" tall.

bchbum189

Originally Posted by JasenHicks
Bvhbum... i live in chesapeake... i can come get it. How much do you charge total? Id need it 40" long, 10" wide and 16" tall.
ah a local guy thats awsome, my email is bchbum189@cox.net, go ahead and email me. i see you make web pages, maybe we can work out something with that.

I may be up for one depending on shipping cost to MA 01970.
Also I need a 24" long so should be cheaper for shipping and material.
I am looking locally also just because shipping may kill this for me.
Thanks!

bchbum189

ok ive been trying to get ahold of a local guy thats been selling these for me localy to pic up one so i can take it to find shipping prices, Ill be using a 30" wide just to get a ballpark figure for you guys, and im going to see how much to each of your zips. So please bear with me I should hopefully have it for you by wed.
I am also in the process of getting a web page set up so ill keep you posted on that

bchbum189

Originally Posted by C1RUSx02
please email me at jeffxsohn@gmail.com
i'm interested in purchasing a sump with a section for a skimmer, refugium, and a section for a return pump
maybe around 24Lx13wx14H?
something similar to that
perfect timing, check out my site that i just got up and running, its 90% complete