Invasion From tiny terroist!!

dsemmons

I have been invaded by tiny little terrorist, its propably my fault i live in florida snorkle and bring thigs back to my tank. I am sending a pic so you can see the little #$%&*#$'s please help!

scrombus2

Yep, looks like you've got yourself a flatworm infestation. There's several remedies available, but since I do not have any experience with them, I cannot make a specific recommendation. Quarantine of the affected corals is a must. Check your other corals carefully- you must kill all the flatworms to stop them. Oh, I'm sure you know that collecting corals, live or dead, is illegal in Florida waters.

dsemmons

Wow There are lots of thing to collect while snorkling besides coral! I have a cool Pipe fish i brought home.

perfectdark

Indeed invasion of the flatworms.. lesson learned I hope. I too have never had to deal with them but there is a product called flat worm exit you may want to look into. I just hope they arent the coral eating kind...

thefishy

Get you some Flatworm exit... Follow directions lol. I used some worked very well, but did not use enough carbon and lost 2 fish and my starfish... siphon siphon siphon you will be amazed how many there really is in your tank.. good luck)

scrombus2

Originally Posted by dsemmons
http:///forum/post/2719940
Wow There are lots of thing to collect while snorkling besides coral! I have a cool Pipe fish i brought home.
That was more of a nudge nudge comment. I live on the Treasure Coast, the home of Saltwaterfish.com and I, too collect specimens of all types for my totally native 75. Note to self: Do not invite any FWC officers over for dinner!