Invertabrates into FO

gatorjit

I am setting up a FO tank right now and I am curious if in time I can introduce a few invertabrates into the tank? Or should I keep it strictly FO and look into a Reef tank later on. I am new to all this and really want both world but I am finding out from my LFS that it is really not safe. Can anyone lend some ideas/help/info...
THX

reef fool

It depends on the fish you are planning on. Several fish, including several "reef safe" fish will eat shrimp and/or starfish as well as snails and other inverts. If you eventually want a reef tank then be careful of the fish you put in.

reef fool

If you add well cured liverock it will be fine. If you buy it over the net, you will have die off on cured rock and may get a spike in amonia-trites-trates. I have never bought rock other than hand selected pieces from the LFS, so I can't speak from experience on shipped stuff.

gatorjit

I do not have LS, all I have is about 70lbs of crushed coral. Is this OK with the live rock? With the introduction of live rock, will I have to be concerned with anything other than chemical treatments if needed?