Iodine, freshwater dip

pohtr

What is the best way to do an iodine dip? Do you use fresh water or tank water? 1-2 drops? In a liter water? How long?
How much circulation? What to watch for? Dio they need to be rinsed before returning to main tank?
Azaintcold, I hope I'm not stealing your topic I just have an emergency going on with my Bubble and need fast answers before he dies!

pohtr

O.K., I'm desperate and my coral's half dead. I am going to try a freshwater dip in about a gal of water with 2 drops of iodine. I will monitor closely and keep him in there for a minute or two. Then he'll go back in the main tank without another rinse.
Will report back.

gatorwpb

I know there are several different types of dips you can buy online or at stores. Those generally contain an antibiotic that might help even more.
Do a search on google and this web site to see what you can find on coral dips. Good luck.

pohtr

I believe he is dead. I am SO depressed. I moved him around in the dip some (for about 2 minutes) and his skin sloughed off. He had no odor, though, so I rinsed him well and put him back in the display tank. What's left is mostly the sharp fin looking skeletan with some tissue around it. Maybe there's a deflated bubble in there somewhere but I think I killed him. I am SOOO depressed. I wish I knew where I went wrong.