iPod Touch or Tablet?

hunt

I'm selling my iPod nano so i can get enough money for an 32GB iPod touch 4th Generation, but i was also doing some reading and found this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42070 ,7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 1.6 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera (VIA WM8505 ARM926), for 93 bucks on this site...so i have two questions, 1. Which would you go with (iPod Touch (32GB) Or the tablet (2GB with a SD card slot for up to 16GB) or something else?) and 2. Does anyone here know if that site in the link is credible, or have any experience with them??

dragonzim

I'm a huge Droid fan so I would lean that way, but 1.6 is a pretty old version of the Android OS. The tablets with version 2.2 are quite a bit more money than that $93.

hunt

I think im leaning twords the iPod Touch because im thinking about in the spring summer and fall when i ride my bike a lot i like to listen to music while riding...(thats why i got a nano in the first place cause it was the most convenient, but i want the ipod for internet, free texting, free calling, free games and apps est.). Still not sure though...

reefraff

My wife has a gen 3 touch. I've never messed with it so I don't know exactly what it can do but make sure it does everything you want. I do know Tom Tom came out with a GPS app for them which is pretty cool. As far as I know she can't text on her's but again, I haven't messed with it.

aquaknight

The site I believe is legit. It's a Chinese run website and that's where you're products would be shipped from. I ordered a lot from a similar online Chinese store for one of my other hobbies, r/c cars & planes (hobbyking for anyone in the know). If you aren't willing to spend a decent chunk of change on faster shipping (usually $35, upwards of $50), the standard shipping can take up to two weeks, much worse if it gets held at customs, and forget about trying to return or exchange an item, not saying they ignore you or anything, but because of the usual volume they deal with, it's impossible to actually get through to any customer service.
If you're gonna need the device for portability, I think that would almost right away eliminate a tablet, I can't imagine anyone bike riding with a tablet lol... However I wonder even if you got the iTouch, I would recommend to consider a simple mp3 player or something that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it broke, you'd use specifically for bike riding, and the iTouch/tablet for everything else. I briefly had a Gen1 iTouch that met it demise from jogging.

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt http:///forum/thread/383130/ipod-touch-or-tablet#post_3348682
I think im leaning twords the iPod Touch because im thinking about in the spring summer and fall when i ride my bike a lot i like to listen to music while riding...(thats why i got a nano in the first place cause it was the most convenient, but i want the ipod for internet, free texting, free calling, free games and apps est.). Still not sure though...
Keep in mind that you'll need a WiFi connection for the internet, texting and calling... One of the guys I work with has a Touch and a MiFi device that he pays $30 a month for. Its basically a cellular modem that takes the cell signal and then broadcasts WiFi and you can allow up to 5 wireless enabled devices to connect to it at a time. For all intents and purposes, it turns his iPod Touch into an iPhone. He runs Skype on it for phone calls and he has since gotten rid of his regular cell phone and his land line.

hunt

Might of found something else, do you guys think a Compaq Tablet PC TC1000 768MB 80Gb hard drive , would be worth it if i could get it for 100$? i came across this on craigslist, but i am not really smart in the computer area so is this a good deal?