is a scooter blenny and a Spotted Mandarin good????

beachblue

Originally Posted by luvmyreef
http:///forum/post/3237987
Hey, just so everyone knows....you can use a med called prazipro to dip your corals in to kill any flatworms or their eggs that might arrive on your frags. I know this guy who uses it, and he has mostly sps, beautiful tank, no flatworms!

Yes, I agree, this would be a good route to go, I have used this med very sucessfully with both fresh & saltwater fishes. It's praziquantel, the drug in Droncit tablets that your veterinarian prescribes to treat tapeworms in your dog or cat. It is effective against all types of flatworms, and very safe. I have used it to treat gill flukes in FW fish, and when I purchased my little yellow tang about 8 months ago, he promptly developed "black spot" (turbellarian disease/type of flatworm) when I put him in my DT. I treated the entire tank, and have been flatworm-free ever since, the tang is now a hefty 5-incher.
Prazi is sold in liquid form at aquarium stores under a couple of trade names,PraziPro is the one I have always used. Just be sure to follow up with the second dose.

smoothie

A leopard wrasse is the only one that people have sworn by to eat them everytime. If you can qt most of your cleanup crew flatworm exit works great

btldreef

I know what you're going through with the flatworms bro!
Get yourself a Green Mandy, I've owned 4 and all 4 ate flatworms. I started out with a SixLine Wrasse, he was a terror and didn't eat anything but all the pods for the mandarins!
Here's how I got rid of the flatworms:
Get a green spotted mandarin.
SIPHON, and siphon often, like 3-4 times a day.
Lessen the amount of food you're feeding, not by much, but enough that the mandy will go scavenge if he's accustomed to eating mysis.
Siphon some more!
It takes about 3 weeks, but you can get rid of them without putting chemicals in your tank. Everyone says that Flatworm Exit is harmless when used properly, but I'm still not willing to take the risk of destroying thousands of dollars I have invested in there. Sure siphoning takes longer, but it WILL work, you just have to be determined and persistent.
Good luck!

K

kravjitsu

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3237993
I didn't do anything
I was really surprised when I saw it....But I watched every day until I was 100% that is what I was seeing

Most will only eat pods from what I have read....some can be trained...fr om what I have read.....Mine just decided it wanted a bigger variety of foods I guess...LOL
My red scooter eats pellets. I was shocked. She only ate live brine and pods at first but lately chooses the pellets over the brine. lol she's a weirdo.

nissan577

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3239918
I know what you're going through with the flatworms bro!
Get yourself a Green Mandy, I've owned 4 and all 4 ate flatworms. I started out with a SixLine Wrasse, he was a terror and didn't eat anything but all the pods for the mandarins!
Here's how I got rid of the flatworms:
Get a green spotted mandarin.
SIPHON, and siphon often, like 3-4 times a day.
Lessen the amount of food you're feeding, not by much, but enough that the mandy will go scavenge if he's accustomed to eating mysis.
Siphon some more!
It takes about 3 weeks, but you can get rid of them without putting chemicals in your tank. Everyone says that Flatworm Exit is harmless when used properly, but I'm still not willing to take the risk of destroying thousands of dollars I have invested in there. Sure siphoning takes longer, but it WILL work, you just have to be determined and persistent.
Good luck!
thankyou so much! i needed some opinions on them. thankyou

D

denniscoy420

Copepods homes in e b a y will work great for that set up
for breeding copepods in ur tank and I would buy a worm trap for those flatworms because most fish will eat them BUT will not because of there taste compared to there food hope this can help u