Is an octopus an invert?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by fish1031
yeah that is what he said... she will die when the eggs hatch
Likely. If you realy want one, keep a male by himself!!!! It is do-able, just research them a little bit. They are hearty, just have to be by themselves and get a male. Make sure water is perfect!!! You can get one if you realy want one.

fish1031

okay sounds good. They are fairly inexpensive compared so some creatures in this hobby. $40 at lfs. I think it is worth a shot.

sepulatian

okay sounds good. They are fairly inexpensive compared so some creatures in this hobby. $40 at lfs. I think it is worth a shot.
Don't put him into a system that isn't stable yet though. Whatever system you want to put him in make sure it is cycled first and has a STRONG fitting lid. they are stonger than a snake and can unscrew screws as well. They are sneaky little devils and eat fresh meat (scallops, fish, etc.) Clams and muscles still alive and in the shell are good too. They get to pry them open.

fish1031

i've got the lid part covered.
i used dt water before i started this hypo stuff. I am going to wait at least a month.

sepulatian

do they need lr?
Not that I am aware of. Most pics I have seen are them in a mostly decor-free tank. They don't rely on pods or anything else that grows on rock. They eat chunks of fresh fish or seafood.