is bottled water ok

austin

well my lfs has been closed for a week because they are moving to a new location, the water in my 30gal is about an incher lower than normal and my lfs doesnt open till tomorrow. would it be ok to top off my tank with bottled water untill then
-Austin

T

tizzo

Only aquafina. All the others are "minerally enhanced" or spring water.

M

markeo99

bottled water is great most say on the bottle if you read the back spring artesian or ro If you can find one that says ro filtered thats the best

prime311

Why wouldn't you just get distilled awater at a grocery store? That would be better and probably cheaper then buying aquafina.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2670537
Why wouldn't you just get distilled awater at a grocery store? That would be better and probably cheaper then buying aquafina.
you have to be careful with distilled water. some of it is ok but some contains copper, which is harmful especially if you use a lot of it.

tr1gger

Walmart is your best friend. They sell RO water by the gallon, i keep 20g's of RO water on hand and only cost $2.00 to refill the 5g containers. Best bet IMO :)

fishygurl

if u happen to have a commerce store near u, i get 500 gallons of water for 100 dollars and i just bring the jugs in and fill them up tell them how much water im taking and they check that much off, its a cheap way to go imo unless you want to have bottled water for a reason?

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by SHORTBUSLDTANG
http:///forum/post/2670710
My aquafina bottle says RO but also says enhanced with minerals for pure fresh taste. Is that a bad thing?
I don't believe it.
I will look some more incase something has changed, but Aquafina is the only water that does NOT add anything. They run it through a seven step RO, but it's enhanced with nothing.
It's the only water I will pay for.
This just in. I can't cut/copy cause it won't let me, but at aquafina dot com, I pulled this info...
The purification system delivers a water with an average TDS of 4 PPM, which is 2.5 times lower than the FDA purified water standard of 10 PPM and over 100 times lower than the EPA secondary standard for drinking water of 500 PPM.
No way they add minerals and get 4 PPM.
Unless you got the "alive" version.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by tr1gger
http:///forum/post/2670767
Walmart is your best friend. They sell RO water by the gallon, i keep 20g's of RO water on hand and only cost $2.00 to refill the 5g containers. Best bet IMO :)
This is my thought as well. Many stores have RO machines. The water costs about .25 a gallon. Bring your own jugs.

T

tfolke1

The Menards by me carries cases of water that say its RO on the label. I don't remember the exact name, but it had the word glacier in it. At .69 a gallon, its more expensive than a machine, but I keep several of them around in case the tank gets low while I am not home. Its a lot easier for the kids to top off with Single gallons if necessary.

prime311

My RO/DI comes out at 0 PPM. My RO/DI w'Carbon for taste cartridge comes out at 4PPM TDS. Coincidence?