is cheating possable?

olga

They might survive, might not. But even if they do, they not going to survive "comfortably"
Prepare to be flamed, and rightly so!

olga

Originally Posted by arsen_36
is there any way for fish to comfortably survive when a tank is cycling?
Fresh little sardine from the supermarket for about 30 cents will "survive" comfortably. They will cycle your tank also, no need to waste shrimp ;-)

arsen_36

wow thats a cool fact! i just wanted to know so i have something to look at while cycling..... but thats great, i'll look into it

1journeyman

Actually, some people say that Amquel will bind the ammonia into a less toxic state and allow for a comfortable cycle.
Imho that's just adding more chemicals unnessecarily to a tank.
Be patient... you can see a wide array of life in your tank just amongst your live rock and sand while you are cycling. If 4 weeks is a long time to wait, this may not be a good hobby to take up...

sw65galma

This hobby is for the patient or very rich...meaning if you are not patient, you'd better be very rich to replace everything you kill from being impatient.

cain420

Originally Posted by arsen_36
wow thats a cool fact! i just wanted to know so i have something to look at while cycling..... but thats great, i'll look into it
best bet.. watch the dead shrimp swirl around and get stuck on the intake.. then watch ur ammonia go up.... wait.. mine didnt go up.. hmmm..lol thats what supposed to happen to kick the cycle in gear..
fish might survive.. yes
but you will watch them suffer everyday that they are cycling.. If you do cycle with fish, you are better off not posting so, as people will remember that u asked about it first!
almost everyone who cycles with fish was told to do so by lfs.. once they learn about what the fish go thru, they would never do it again!

cain420

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Actually, some people say that Amquel will bind the ammonia into a less toxic state and allow for a comfortable cycle.
Imho that's just adding more chemicals unnessecarily to a tank.
Be patient... you can see a wide array of life in your tank just amongst your live rock and sand while you are cycling. If 4 weeks is a long time to wait, this may not be a good hobby to take up...
yes like he said.. i have a big crab i got as a hitch hiker.. fun to watch.,, u can watch the bugs travel around your tank too.. there is life in there now i bet! you just have to look closer!
i got worms, stars, and a big ole crab that picks stuff off my rocks, hopefully die off!