Is Foxface Reef Safe?

anonome

I have a 125g reef tank. It has mostly LPS, softies (leathers, zoas, and mushrooms), RBTA, and 2 crocea clams. My scribbled rabbitfish and foxface have been perfect reef fish. So, yes in my view they are reef safe with these type of corals.
Of course, I also feed my fish 2x's a day. This may help with picking at corals, not sure, but I believe that a fish that is not hungry is more likely to not go after corals.

a sea k

I've posted on several threads about my foxface being reef safe. I've had him for 1 yr 10months and he has nevered bothered any of the LPS corals I have in my tank until recently. About 2 weeks ago I acquired a Duncan. It opened nicely and I was very pleased with the new coral but began to notice it and an Octo coral I have started staying closed up. It took some patient watching but I have seen the foxface nibbling on the Duncan, not frequently but enough and I'm certain it will intensify with a little more time. I have not seen him nibble on the Octo yet but I suspect he is the culprit.
I'm not sure if the addition of the Duncan brought on this behavoiur or not. He is fed a variety of meaty food 1X daily and also gets nori daily and is quite healthy.

R

rcreations

My foxface has been reef safe as far as coral. But he does like to munch on a pincushion urchin. Otherwise perfectly reef safe.

hmcklveen

I have one in my 75 gallon the yellow fox face and all i have is zoas and he hasn't touched any of them he has been in the tank for about a year and a half now. I have heard it depends on that particular fish some will and some wont. I'd start with some inexpensive corals and see how he does and then go from there

calaxa

Foxface is not known to bother any corals. Of course, individual specimens might nip once in awhile. My tangs check the flavor of some polyps once in a blue moon. Then again, they like to pilfer the food that my anemones catch as well.