Is it normal for seahorse to not hitch most of the time?

dingus890

My seahorse doesn't seem to want to hitch to plants and rest most of the time.
She more so likes to sit on rocks,swim in the open water and hunt for live food on the glass and on the sand/rocks all day.I have heard that seahorses always on the move are stressed.
I know this sounds like a newbie question but is this normal?
As I only have 1 horse it is hard for me to determine if this is normal and just her personality.

novahobbies

They sometimes do this when they're lonely, and they sometimes do this...just because! My erectus spends most of her time in the water column, and my reidis spend their time hitched near the bottom, usually hunting pods in between meals. If she's just swimming lazilly between points A and B then it's probably nothing to worry about. If she's scooting around quickly, then something may be stressing her....they never really move quickly unless they're escaping something, or zooming after a food bit.
If you want, you can tape a mirror up to the side of the tank. Horses are very social, and they will interact with their own reflection as if it's another horse. Might help while you get into your comfort zone between one seahorse and two. (and three, and four......
)

dingus890

She mostly moves between point A and B like you said slowly.She speeds up for food and also when she is swimming with the current.She also likes to scoot along the sand looking for food.
I can tell she is lonely.I keep trying to order a friend for her but the supplier of the store where I got her is out of stock most of the time.
She enjoys being around the yellow clown goby a lot which is cute.
Thanks for your help.I am still trying to distinguish normal with seahorses all the time...lol.They are so unique with everything they do.