Is it ok or is it too much

kiriokool

Hey, i have a ten gal. tank and already have 2 yellow tailed damsles, 2 true perculas, a fire fish, a flaming scallop, a small neon goby, a small pepperment shrimp, 2 small hermit crabs, and 2 big hermit crabs. Is it too much.

E

essop3

That is WAY too much. The inverts are fine but you should only have one fish. Well, 2 if one is the neon goby.
I see it's your first post. Have you done any research? Did you cycle your tank? A 10g is a very hard beginner tank. I don't mean to sound rude, but your question sounds like you got into this a bit quick.

kiriokool

It dosn't seem like to much because all the fish have found there spots, but what is the rule? Is it like i inch of fish per gal. I have about 9 1/2 to 10 inchs of fish

E

essop3

A very basic guideline is 1" per 5 gallons. It depends alot on the type of fish though.

kiriokool

Originally Posted by essop3
That is WAY too much. The inverts are fine but you should only have one fish. Well, 2 if one is the neon goby.
I see it's your first post. Have you done any research? Did you cycle your tank? A 10g is a very hard beginner tank. I don't mean to sound rude, but your question sounds like you got into this a bit quick.

Yea i have done some research. a friend ( who has a 55 gal tank and 2 10 gal tanks has helped me set it up and it is cycled. I have had all the fish for about a month and they seem to be doing fine.

jerthunter

Well there isn't a 'rule' for inch per gallon because many fish are different however what I have heard is either 1 inch per 5 gallons or 1 inch for 10 gallons. I would say keep the pair of clowns OR the firefish and neon goby.

misfit

As a beginner and being way over stocked you are leaving yourself no room for mistakes. Small tanks parameters can change in mere hours, an overstocked one can crash within a hour.Iwould start with one fish or invert and get used to maintaining SW tank and work your way up to alittle more once you feel more confident. Welcome and Good luck

1journeyman

Way overstocked... plus you have a selection of very territorial fish. Not enough territory there for them I'm afraid.

whitey

Just has some sort of resemblence to a thread meant to start commotion.
Could be wrong.
Just my first thought. That's all.

kiriokool

Originally Posted by Whitey
Just has some sort of resemblence to a thread meant to start commotion.
Could be wrong.
Just my first thought. That's all.
WHAT I AM JUST NEW AND NEED HELP

1journeyman

Take the advice of everyone that posted on this thread. You need to take all but 1 or 2 SMALL fish back to your fish store.