is it ok?

M

missycoral

Hi you can move them its best to knwo where they should be before buy them though and you want to make sure you dont move to fat ot to often so not to cause stress on them. goodluck. Missy

total

In a perfect world every coral you buy would fit just perfectly in just the right spot. But you know Missy that the rocks the corals come on don't alway line up with the rocks in your tank. So you have to move them around to line them up. And Missy is right, It will stress them. Living proof. I pitch a white leather this weekend becouse I man handled it to much trying to place it. Did I want to? NO. But if it doesn't fit you have to move it. Your tank is like a piece of art that you create. And if something doesn't look right you have to change it.
TTFN

missycoral is right but I would add a couple of things. Often coral can adapt to different conditions such as increased lighting, over time but this requires a little moving. First to the bottom of the tank then slowly back up in this case. The key is when tank conditions are stable and water conditions are good spend a few days moving the coral until you find its happy spot and LEAVE it there. Plan new additions around whats existing when possible. While I have never killed a coral by moving it I have seen them close up for more than 2 weeks. So it is important, and things will do better long term, if they are not moved constantly. To answer your question, please do take the time to move it until you find that happy spot. Hope this helps.
SiF