Is it ok?????

dogstar

No fish is really safe with an anemone in the tank too....
You just have to hope they learn soon enough where and what it is and to stay clear....Ive heard of large tangs falling victim to some..Cramped conditions, a lot of agression among fish, anemone moveing, can all result in a feasting anemone. Small, weak swimmers, bottom dwellers and easily spooked fish ( gobies match all of these ) are at great risk. Anemones naturally hope and try to catch and eat fish...its what they are built to do.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Gobyguy9686
then is it ok to get a clarkii clown fish and will they still behave the same without an anemone
They will behave just fine...Even if you did have an anem. there its not 100% certain they would even host it...Clowns dont need anems and anems dont need clowns..

skipperdz

most fish shy away from them once they get touched by it. i heard about the tangs too...however i heard they were carpet anenomes and the tangs tried to host it lol...not the greatest idea on mr tangs part lol

rod buehle

is it safe to get an anemone with 2 gobies and a basslet???
Depends on the species of anemone
I have a lot of different anemones, and the only one that I have ever lost fish to is an S. Hadoni. S. hadoni has a pretty good rep for catching fish. My 3 other carpets (S.gigantea) have never eaten a fish although I suppose it is possible. Anemones rarely capture fish in the wild. Probably because the fish that they are host to, chase all of the other fish away. When gut contents has been studied on anemones, its almost always tiny crustations/pods. IMO, and IME, your fish will be safe with most other hosting types of anemones unless your fish is ill, or stupid. . There are non-hosting types that may make a meal out of your fish. S.helinthus comes to mind, S.helinthus is from the atlantic where there are no clowns.
then is it ok to get a clarkii clown fish and will they still behave the smae without an anemone
Yes they will be fine without an anemone. Will they behave the same? No, with an anemone, they will become much more aggressive/territorial. Do I recommend that every clown has an anemone? no. Would I (personally ) set up a clown tank without an anemone? No, but I love that symbiotic relationship between the 2