Is it possible to delete a screen name?

triga22

I just thought that when you create a name here they usually are already taken. With 44,000 members and only mabye 10,000 active then is there a way to delete all of the old 34,000 members that havent been on or only have one post that was spam or something like that? If they want to come back they can make a new name its no big deal. Just a thought??

T

tizzo

I think the more members has something to do with showing up closer to the top on google, but otherwise, I think that's a great idea!
You should ask that to the SWF forum.
I hate trying to go through the memberlist and there's a million names that fill spaces with NO posts!

sepulatian

What are you looking through, the actual members list? Are you looking for someone? At the bottom of the main forum it shows who has been active in the last 12 hours. What are you looking for?

michaeltx

honestly in a small board it took me forever to take out only a handful of names. It would take days to take names off the memberlist with this site.
its just not a feasable thing to do.
Mike

renogaw

If lastlogindate > Xyears
or lastlogindate < xyears and postcount < ynumber
then delete loginname
there you go, i just saved you 30k worth of programming :p

triga22

Im not looking for someone. But when I joined I went through at least 10 names untill I came up with this one. Which had numbers and caps and such. I tried many names that are just out there in cyberspace not being used. With more members means more names, which has to be harder for the new guys to pick a name.