Is my Anemone OK

rickd

Silverside, Brine, Mysis, and shrimp, He still isnt eating yet I think he ate a piece of silverside yesterday. i didnt see him spit it out. so im hoping. :joy:

speg

Thats what you feed your fish too? Only that? You dont use phytoplankton/zooplankton for your corals?
See.. my problem with my bta was that I was feeding it every day.. and it would do what yours is doing now.. and it would only fully 'bloom' at night. I would feed my fish cyclop-eeze(too much) every day and the stuff would end up flowing to the bta.. since I found the problem and am more careful how I feed that behavior has stopped.

rickd

Originally Posted by Speg
Thats what you feed your fish too? Only that? You dont use phytoplankton/zooplankton for your corals?
See.. my problem with my bta was that I was feeding it every day.. and it would do what yours is doing now.. and it would only fully 'bloom' at night. I would feed my fish cyclop-eeze(too much) every day and the stuff would end up flowing to the bta.. since I found the problem and am more careful how I feed that behavior has stopped.
Speg
Ok i do feed the corals CombiSan its got trace elements. Are you saying that i need to get the phytoplankton/zooplankton and add that to my feeding or are you saying im feed to much? Sorry i just dont understand what you ment. BTW I try too feed my every other day.
Thanks soo much for your help
Rick

schadiest1

How are you maroon clowns treating the anemone? Are they rough towards him? DT's phytoplankton if a very good food for fine filter feeders, such as corals and anemones. And it's everything you need in one bottle.

rickd

Originally Posted by Speg
Im only saying that for me, when I fed mine less it didnt do that as much.
Thanks im going to try feedind it less and ill try the phytoplankton.
Originally Posted by Schadiest1

How are you maroon clowns treating the anemone? Are they rough towards him?
There not treating it to bad. there trying to take care of it i see the male bring it Mysis all the time. Right now its under the rock again so i cant see it real good ill just let it be for a bit and see what happens. Thanks

ngongotaha

Rick D,
My anemone goes a bit off during the night, opens well during the day but blooms in the late avo/evening when the lights are on. I do find though that if the lights are left on for more than 6 hours a day he wilts badly. He also does not like being in a direct flow of water and will shrivel. I feed him prawn twice a week (or my maroon feeds him actually) the next day after feeding he is beautiful. My maroon will not feed him fish but only the fresh prawn. I'd say the prob is one of the three lighting, water flow or feeding.
Deb

rickd

Well hes been under a rock for about 5 days now he starting too look bad should i turn the rock over or just leave it alone.

T

thomas712

You can turn it over and we will see what happens or you can rearrange your flow pattern and see if it moves on its own in a few more days. If you can reach it with the turkey baster try to feed it when it is upright on the rocks.
Thomas

rickd

look who's looking better today he stayed open all day and ate some silverside

Still not out of the woods yet but doing better....... :cheer:

dea_mt

looks like ur clowns are having a good ole' time w/ him!!! I have a LTA that I just got a few days ago...he seems to be doing good. he's still moving all around trying to find a comfy spot though. my clowns still haven't found him!

sw65galma

im on my 4th time of digging mine out from under rocks...it was bleeched white...
I'm leaving the lights on a little bit longer to let him get his color back

rickd

Originally Posted by sw65galma
im on my 4th time of digging mine out from under rocks...it was bleeched white...
I'm leaving the lights on a little bit longer to let him get his color back
I had to get mine out 3 times maybe this time hes out for good

K

kimc

:joy: I'm glad to hear your anemone is better, please keep us posted!!

rickd

Well today my Anemone is 1 year old and I think he loves the tank now here is a picture today 1 year old

rickd

Originally Posted by RickD
look who's looking better today he stayed open all day and ate some silverside

Still not out of the woods yet but doing better....... :cheer:
BEFORE