Is my clown prego?

clownfish11

okay so i've got 2 clownfish of course..but i've had them pretty much alone for like 3months and I think the female is prego.
her stomach is kinda puffy and it looks like she has a tumor..I can get pics if needed, but do you think shes prego?

techinically, your clown cant be pregnant as clownfish arent live bearers. i dont know if breeding clownfishs stomach bulge with the eggs theyre carrying though

rabbit_72

We have a pair of clowns who do breed, but we have not been sucessful at hatching the eggs. Here's what to look for if your clowns are ready to spawn.... First, the female is larger than the male. Her tummy will bulge because she is full of eggs. The male, who is smaller, will begin to clear the algae off a section of LR and get it ready for the eggs to adhere to the rock. When spawning is about to take place, you will see a clear tube protruding from the underside of the female. I have heard some people say the clowns will not lay their eggs while they are being watched, but ours will do it right in front of us and it is fun to see. The female will deposit her eggs in a line then the male passes over the eggs and fertilizes them and the the female deposits another line of eggs and back and forth they go until all the eggs have been laid.
If you don't see the male and female going through this ritual any time soon, then your fish are just eating too much. Do you have pics?

clownfish11

all of that is true except for the algae thing which probobly doesnt need to happen yet cuz shes been prego like 2 days if she is prego
and ill try and get pics

E

enigma1388

do you feed with flakes or pellets?
if you feed with food that float on top of the water she is eating a lot of air and it'll make her stomach distended (large).

clownfish11

is that normal my frozen floats then sinks...she doesnt really sit at the top and eat its more they pull it down and eat it...