Is my tank too small 2

clownme

Sometimes I feel guilty asking so many questions.......I try to research and then ask, and as you know everyone has opinions. Right now I just want to make it through my LR cycle. I can't seem to control the temp in my tank. I'm up to 83.4 right now and the heater is unplugged. It has been hot and humid here, I hope I don't kill anything. I am happy to hear that you have had good luck with your 37 gal. Do you think the average aquarist has under 75 gal or more than 75 gal?

monalisa

Originally Posted by Clownme
Sometimes I feel guilty asking so many questions.......I try to research and then ask, and as you know everyone has opinions. Right now I just want to make it through my LR cycle. I can't seem to control the temp in my tank. I'm up to 83.4 right now and the heater is unplugged. It has been hot and humid here, I hope I don't kill anything. I am happy to hear that you have had good luck with your 37 gal. Do you think the average aquarist has under 75 gal or more than 75 gal?

Not sure what the average aquarist is keeping. But as far as your temp is concerned, do you have covers on your canopy? Do you have AC in your home? If not, take the covers off of your canopy, get a couple of clip on fans from Wal Mart and blow a breeze across the surface. I don't think that 83.5 is fatal, especially since you don't have any livestock yet, but it's good practice to do these things when it's less of an emergency. Good thing to know for the future. Hope this helps, and I hope I'm right on this (I'm pretty new at this too!!).
Lisa :happyfish

airforceb2

Sometimes I feel guilty asking so many questions.......I try to research and then ask, and as you know everyone has opinions.
You can never ask too many questions. People on these boards don't mind answering questions at all. Just make sure you use the search button at the top of the page and search before posting. If you can't find anything, feel free to ask the question.

Do you think the average aquarist has under 75 gal or more than 75 gal?
I have one over and one under so I guess I'm average either way.
A lot of people on here have huge tanks...a couple over 1000gallons.

whaa...?

not trying to hi-jack a thread here but could i have a tang in a 75 gallon that is wide and long but not 6' long? but like 5' 2' 2' or something

tim_12

Originally Posted by Speg
Are you sure it was 100 lbs then? I have 40 lbs in my 46 gallon bowfront and I have a 4 inch sand bed.
I have 70 lbs of sand in my 46 bowfront and I only have a 2 1/2" bed. :notsure:

clownme

Each bag said 20lbs. In the picture I haven't had a chance to move a little more sand to the back, so it does lokk high in the front. When I put the 4 bags of Arag-alive I evened out the sand and then measured all were just under 3" so I added one more bag when I picked up the LR.