is redoing rockwork good for a tank?

jacksonpt

I have a tendancy to redo my rockwork every few months. I do it for 2 reasons - 1) to get water flow where it wasn't before and to get new parts of rock exposed to light/current/etc. 2) to make room for new corals and such.
I try to disturb the sand as little as possible, but is redoing the rockwork good for a tank? I know it's hard on the corals/fish for the first 24hours or so, but...

happyvac

Well, not all things do well when they get flow. And many things will adapt to where they are.
IMO it's not necessarily *bad* but if you find something nice you could just leave it.

vsandme

I must say I like to Move things around abit, but i have about more per gallon than most seem to have to i leave the base rock alone and just move around the outter and upper layers, also keeps the water somewhat clean and ive had no problems with it...Just becareful not to crush anything hiding in the rock. IMO best thing to do is directly after moving the rock do a water change, itll make it easier to get some of the garbage out that comes off the rock

mopar9012

I just re arranged mine yesterday, I also added some more rock. I dont like doing it, I like my rock work a lot right now. So hopefully I wont want to change it around later on.