is swc a good skimmer

rslinger

I think the 150 should be big enough for my 75. I am getting it new in the box for 175 never hit water.

rslinger

So I got this skimmer... Now a question. It says in the directions to turn the air knob tell you get the finest bubbles possible. How do you tell the difference.

S

siptang

Not meaning to sound mean or disrespect but you just have to observe.
You will see small bubbles going crazy, creating foams when small enough while big bubbles won't do anything.
Hopefully, this helped you. Sorry that I couldn't explain it any better!
Good job on the skimmer! Definitely needed in this hobby.

rslinger

I am just replacing my asm it was to big. but never had a skimmer where I could adjust the air. wide open seems the best.

S

siptang

Not really because then you will overflow the water in to your waste container. Just enough bubbles to foam that's all. Keep an eye on it because you need to break in the skimmer into your tank and adjust accordingly to it. (maybe it was just me but I had water flowing every where because I didn't do it)

rslinger

Nike there is one thing I am still kinda confused on....is it better to run the air wide open and the water choked back or less air and the water less restricted. On my asm and Berlin before that i always wanted more air...... Is the same still true.

nikesb

its not that you're getting less or more air, its how fine the air bubbles are coming in. you want the finest bubble available with the foam head starting right at the neck. the "thinner" the air, the more fine the bubbles are.