Is SWF.com dying?

jpc763

In the past, posts would be answered pretty quickly. I have posted several different topics lately and have gotten little or no response.
Is SWF.com losing members? Do we have metrics regarding members on line and is that metric going down?
Just want to know. Thanks, John

jdl

Originally Posted by jpc763
http:///forum/post/2924481
In the past, posts would be answered pretty quickly. I have posted several different topics lately and have gotten little or no response.
Is SWF.com losing members? Do we have metrics regarding members on line and is that metric going down?
Just want to know. Thanks, John
I think it started to die when they got rid of the for sale forums.

nwdyr

Originally Posted by JDL
http:///forum/post/2924486
I think it started to die when they got rid of the for sale forums.
Yep....that started it , allot of people I know from here have gone to other places because of that. NOT because they were running a "business" but because it stopped all the fun of sharing with your friends here. I sold stuff here , but never made a "profit". Its hard enough for a LFS to profit on corals so as you can imagine we NEVER did. They thought they saw a way to profit from it but they were wrong , people don't sell on their sale site so they lost a lot of people and in the end it cost them. Hey that's business it happens , I have made bad business decisions before too . But they have the ability to change it , and they wont
sad I still come here from time to time but I now go to other sites that in the past I would have never gone to but now I have to so I can keep in touch with the others.

jpc763

Yea, my problem with the "other sites" is that you question gets burried on page 2 or later rather quickly so you don't get any info either.
Its a bummer. SWF.com was the perfect mix of skills and the perfect number of people.

J

renogaw

the removal of the for sale forum, which was not always here by the way, is not a topic to be discussed, as they are always removed.
this forum is viable, and will remain longer than others out there. Ive not seen a slow down in answers.
and with that...