is the 'Nano Cube' any good?? w/ specs..

carorella88

Hey! i am toying with the idea of having a Nano for my dads house, my 36 is at my moms, i spend time at both houses every day so no worries abt it being unattended! :) ANYWAYS this one sounded particularly cool, any thoughts?? anyone?? If i had more than live rock and a fish or maybe 2 in there it would be strictly entry level corals and such..
Fan Cooled Nano Cube Aquarium
Lighting
Includes a powerful 50/50 compact fluorescent lamp to provide the ultimate in coral health and coloration, and lamp is installed with a splash guard for bulb and ballast protection. Energy-saving ballast allows for "flicker-free" starts and dependable long-term performance. It provides maximum light output with the least amount of heat production.
Filtration
This discreet filtration system is hidden to provide maximum space for your tank inhabitants. Sponge filter traps detritus and free-floating particulate matter. Activated carbon bag removes dissolved organics and odors. Ceramic Rings and Bioballs provide the ideal environment for beneficial bacteria.
Pump
The submersible pump included in this system is rated at 106 gph for water circulation.
Canopy
The heavy-duty ABS canopy has been specially designed for extra heat output with 4 vents for cooler operation.
PLUS
Double Fan Cooled Canopy
Cooler operation. Extends the life of bulbs and ballast.
Ball Bearing Fans
Quieter operation than standard fans on the market.

rich460

i have the nano cube i like it but i have to replace the pump its going out and the bad thing is i have only had it for like 3 mths.hth

haydenp

I really enjoy mine, granted its only been up since september, but...
I do agree about the pump, I got a different little pump and stufed it in there to add a little extra flow. But other than that, its a nice complete package

dory36

We've had ours since August and just love it. We plan on keeping it even after we get our other tank going. Our pump is working fine, but in case it goes, what kind did you get haydenp?

carorella88

So, what does everyone keep in theirs?? there is a online seller that has a section devoted just to 'nano fish' that seems reputable, this sortof got me started on wanting one. But i wonder how many of those fish can REALLY be kept in 12 gallons happily?? My ideal would just be to have live rock and eather a Yellowhead Jawfish, OR a Possum Wrasse, OR A redhead Goby.

dory36

We have a maroon clownfish, a royal gramma, a neon goby, a scarlet cleaner shrimp, and a clean-up crew that consists of 10-15 various crabs, snails, etc. We test our water once a week and have it tested by the lfs once a week also. The lfs says we have the best water they've ever seen. We haven't had any problems except for our mushrooms that were hit with a glass scraper and haven't really recovered. Once our 75g is set up, we'll be moving most of those guys into it and I don't know what we'll keep in the Nano. I'm sure I can find something, though!
:D

nemo8603

I keep reading about the nano cube. It sounds cool. Can someone post a pic of theirs. Thanks in advance.

haydenp

I'll work on getting a pic of mine. Its the older style one with the 24 Watt 50/50 lights and 2 fans. In the tank I have 2 little clowns, 15lbs of live rock, some orange zoos, a toadstool leather, a few shrooms, 3 snails and 2 small crabs.

tru conch

ive got one of the jbj 12 gal nano cubes. i like it for the price, very easy to maintain. heres an older pic of mine from last week.