is the nemo tank possible?

red crab

is the tank in the dentist office in finding nemo possible. it consist of a morish idol. hum bug damsel. royal gramma, porcupine puffer, star fish,Ocellaris Clown fish,and a yellow tang.how big is it anyway?

lion_crazz

I think that was a legitimate question, meower. I saw the tank (much bigger) at a restaurant. The biggest issues are the difficulty/near impossibility of keeping a moorish idol and keeping a puffer with a star without him eating it.
Certainly possible but quite difficult to replicate.
180 minimum tank size - though, in the movie it is inaccurately shown as a 55-75 gallon.

stanlalee

very impractical mix. the shrimp and small fish if it could catch them would be porcupine food for starters (I'll just stick with the starters). not a mix of livestock you want to dublicate and the tank was impractical as well (size, decor, filtration, you name it). for a tank with digital controller and monitor you'd think the good dentist would have invested in more than a cheap hang on back for filtration

meowzer

It just seems that everything I have read says NO to that.....
But if it is possible...I want that automatic eye tank cleaner...

pleasants9

instead of the moorish idol you could use a wimplefish (heniochus acuminatus) that maight make things a little easier

lion_crazz

That is definitely the biggest issue (keeping the moorish idol). 99% of hobbiests should not even attempt it.