Is the race for the White House over?

al mc

I an a registered Independent and I lean liberal on social issues and conservative on fiscal issues. Am I the only one that basically think that Obama/Biden, like them or not, basically have the election won at this point? Whether you are Republican/Democrate/Independent/Green Party, etc......What do you think?

darthtang aw

I will bite. No one has it sewn up. Last election Kerry/Edwards had roughly the same poll lead. They had the exit poll lead......turned out people lied in the polls then. Guess what? There is a good percentage of them doing it now. I have been polled before and always say I am voting for the other guy. It is no one's business who I actually pull the lever for unless I choose to discuss it openly. Many people get offended when asked and they just say a name...usually the other person. I know for a fact my dad does this every election if asked at the poll or a random census. If asked in friendly conversation amongst collegues or friends then he is honest...we are both conservatives, but neither one of us has ever placed a bumper sticker showing support on our vehicle. Well, not since Reagan he hasn't.
So in a nutshell, stp listening to polls. They have been wrong far to much for all of you guys to be placing faith in them.

al mc

I know that weather affects turnout and that there is that phenomenon called the 'Bradley Effect' which means polling can be wrong, but I just get a sense that with all the money Obama has at his disposal and now with Powell's endorsement that the race is essentially over.

bionicarm

Anyone heard of Bob Barr and Wayne A. Root? I did early voting today in San Antonio, and they were listed as President/VP of the Liberitarian Party. I kid you not. I VOTED FOR THEM!!!!

Why not? Obama doesn't have a chance here in Texas anyway.