Is there a differance?

A

archbishop

I was just wondering if there was a differance between a NanoCube and the BioCube thats sold here at swf.com? I assume there pretty much the same, but is one better than the other as far as quality or features?

fenrir

The only difference are the sizes from what I have seen. I have the Biocube and the only reason I got it over the aquapod was because it was two gallons more than the aquapod. 14 vs 12 29 vs 24. Hope that helps

adairable

Originally Posted by Fenrir
The only difference are the sizes from what I have seen. I have the Biocube and the only reason I got it over the aquapod was because it was two gallons more than the aquapod. 14 vs 12 29 vs 24. Hope that helps
However, with the bIOCUBE i think they mean 14gallon OVERALL, but there is noway that it is 14 g in just the part you see. I would say it is pretty close to 12/13g

With the BioCubes...more like 10-11 gallons depending on how much LR and LS you have, and how you keep your water level in the back.

old rookie

Originally Posted by larryndana
i'd think that would be the only difference as well.
i've got the 24 aquapod, its awesome.
What lighting do you have in your aquapod I am picking it up this week and going with standard light. Do you think I will be ok for most items?

I

innerdragon103

it comes with standard PC lighting, mine has worked just fine for my stuff, and a buddy of mine who has a bigger aquapod uses the stock lighting and his corals and fish are everywhere, thriving. you'll be fine except for very high maintenance coral and anemones, but you shouldnt be putting anemonies in such a small tank anyhow

larryndana

you shouldn't have a problem buy most corals. of course no sps and anemones, but there is a wide range of what you can do and buy.
i've got,
8 or 9 different zoos
glove polyps
two types of star polyps
purple gorgonia
purple/green mushrooms, they are purple but the tops have spects of green
green ricordea
three leathers
the only thing that isn't a frag is the gorgonia, everything else i fragged or was bought fragged.