Is this a good deal?

casey75

I am buying a used 175 gal bow front saltwater tank with tank, stand(black with black glass cabinet doors), with filtration system (overflow system with refugium and some pump system) hood and crush coral and live rock for $1,000. Is that a deal. The tank is in perfect condition about 2 yrs old at the most. Am I getting scamed. Also should i get the metal halides for $400. WHat do u guys think.

gregm779

It depends on the sump and pumps it comes with but sounds like a pretty good deal. Also does it have a protein skimmer because you would really benefit from having one on that size of a tank. Buy the Halides unless you want to pay more for new ones.

robchuck

If it comes with a skimmer it's a great deal, otherwise it's still a pretty good deal. And $400 for the MH isn't bad either.

masterzeus

Sounds like a great deal to me. How much live rock? If it is enough to fill the tank, it is an awesome deal. The MHs are also a good deal unless you really want brand new ones for a lot more money. Post some picts when you get it.

casey75

I think I am going to buy the tank but not the metal halides. I believe that the lightbulbs will need to be replaced soon and Im only 18 in high school so I guess I will just make it a fish only tank even though that kills me.

T

tizzo

I'll tell you right now that if that light set up is 4 feet across or more then $400 is an awesome deal whether it comes with the bulbs or not!! What are the specs on the whole thing??