is this a good deal?

jtwilson

new 2-150 watt MH HQI retrofit lights (includes ballast, chords,reflectors,bulbs) plug & play for $300 . is this a good deal or what? :notsure:

am3gross

well i think if you look around you might be able to find a dual 250 mh retro for about the same price. i guess it would also depend on the brand that you are looking at.
am3gross

coachklm

i agree .... i know i see duel 175 coralifes mh hqi for 200-250 all the time you might want to keep looking but if you like it .....

jtwilson

ok thanks, i wanted to go with the double ended 20k bulbs but i dont think they make 20k's for 175 watts, just 150 or 250 (correct me if im wrong) and 250 watts would be too much for my tank. thats why i wanted 150s.

am3gross

on a 90 gallon tank i would go higher then 150 watt mh. i would go for at least 250 watts. 90 gallons are high and the 250 will penitrate the water more. i think that in the long run you would be better off with the 250 because if your like me you will want the higher light coral or you will want to upgrade to go to something bigger anyways. again this just my opionion and i hope things work out for you.
am3gross

jtwilson

will 2-250watt MH's and 265 watt pc's be too much for a 90 gal?????????!!!!!!!!!!! seems like a LOT of light for a 90?? am3gross says no, anyone else??????????????

dogstar

IMO 2- 150w DEs with the PCs will be fine for a regular 90, only 24' high, right ? however if you use 20 k might limit you on some very light hungry species. Higher the K the lower the par. Too blue for my taste but Im not tasting them.
I think thats a fair price for DEs, mogals would be cheaper. I dont think they make DE in 175 but still should be able to find a 175 in 20K if thats what you want. IMO go with the 150 DEs.