Is this a good deal?

jjgomillion

I have a 75 gallon that Im getting ready to set back up> Well I have been on the lookout for a new protien skimmer and such because mine was, well lets just say I went the cheap route...lol. I have this under the tank wet dry thing, I dont know, but it is worthless and works intermittently. I want a real sump with fuge... So I was craigslisting and came across this....
120 Gallon glass aquarium (24" D x 24" H x 48" L)
Complete set-up with wood cabinet (stand) and all equipment required to operate such as: 55 gallon custom refugium, protein skimmer, refugium return pump, circulating pumps, overfow box with extra lifter pump, uv sterilizer, and heater (See note below about lighting), also included is a 20g set-up used as a hospital tank.
Protein Skimmer: ASM Model G-1 of G-2 (Not sure)
Powerheads: Hydor Koralia 4 (2 each)
UV Sterilizer: Coralife Turbo-Twist 6X
Main Circulating Pump: Danner Supreme Mag-Drive Model 18
Overflow Box: CPR Model CS102
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The livestock consists of (2) marroon/yellow paired Clowns, (1) Firefish Golby, (1) Bi-color Angle, (1) Golden Head Goby, (1) Sailfin Tang, and various snails & crabs.
Coral consist of Xenia, Green Star Polyp, and a Leather
Also included is 200 pounds of liverock and a 3 inch base of livesand.

I will prob sell off the livestock because I want to do a trigger tank. I also have about 90 more pounds of live rock to add... I already have a MH, PC, Moonlight, lighting system that will fit it.
I know it looks rough, but it seems to have all the right stuff. 500 bucks. What do you think?

noah's nemo

i vote no.I personally don't like the footprint.For 500 bucks you'd spend on that,you could set up your 75 really nice.I would'nt do a trigger tank with your 75 however..Its always more fun to start your own tank, then to get someones hand-me-down.JMO

jjgomillion

Ya, I get the whole footprint thing. Im just thinking we were planning to build our current 75 into the wall between our office and living room. Although I would love a 125 cuz its longer, it wont fit in the wall. so this is the perfect length. I mainly am thinking about the cost of the all the extras, not so much the tank itself...
I am not that intuitive either. plumbing is ot my fortay....which is how i ended up with the horrible wet dry i have now...lol

noah's nemo

If your going to do an in wall(my dream BTW),you don't need the stand.That is probably half of the asking price right there.I would keep looking for just a tank.150-200 bucks tops.Then you have leftover money for the extras you will need.Or offer 250 no stand.

flower

I am afraid to vote...I don't trust craigs list.
If you don't need all that equipment, than no. If all you want from it is a tank and skimmer you can do better.
$500.00 for all that (if you can use it) is a great price. The rock and lights alone will run more than that. It is just a matter of who you buy from. Go and pick up the tank and stuff yourself..don't give any money until yo have the tank with all the goods in your hot little hands.

noah's nemo

Really, i love CL .Got my 125 Brand new, still factory wrapped for $125!Got kids 4 wheelers and my wife a laptop.Its the bay i don't like.With CL its more local.Anyway,with alittle more searching i bet he could find even better deals.

jjgomillion

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3175008

I am afraid to vote...I don't trust craigs list.
If you don't need all that equipment, than no. If all you want from it is a tank and skimmer you can do better.
$500.00 for all that (if you can use it) is a great price. The rock and lights alone will run more than that. It is just a matter of who you buy from. Go and pick up the tank and stuff yourself..don't give any money until yo have the tank with all the goods in your hot little hands.
oh ya i will definitly go get it myself. i have already talked to the seller and he is cool with me coming to just see the tank. ive never bought of CL, but my whole family does all the time....no probs...

jackri

I think it's a very fair deal if that is what you want. Remember live rock alone runs 4-9 bucks a pound by itself.

davebrace5533

just get it all and use the stuff to set up your real tank in your wall. all those goodies are alot of money you can now spend on making YOUR tank.

E

eric b 125

i vote to get it. you cant get any bigger, really, without going to a 6 footer, and your wall wont allow for that. and that's a pretty decent price.