Is this a good deal?

perchpsk

I am buying this 135 gallon reef ready setup with sump, hood, vho lighting etc.. and live sand for $625. Is this a decent deal? Good deal, bad deal... what do u think? Should I do it or not?

y2says

Go for it. I found some in the Seattletimes too that seems pretty good. You'll have fun with a tank like that. I miss my 180g tank.

perchpsk

thanks guys.. it looked good to me. the hood is homemade with retrofit lighting with 4 ballasts... I get it delivered, with live sand and 200 gallons of salt mix... not bad at all.. im pumped !

perchpsk

Will do.. it arrives on Sunday. My ro/di unit should be here next week so it will be a few weeks before its officially up and at 'em.

perchpsk

so get this.. the guy was getting ready to deliver the tank this morning and his buddy dropped one end and cracked the tank.. it now has a leak... Needless to say i didnt buy it.. the guy called and apologized, now i might just buy the stand, hood and lighting... oh well.!!!

y2says

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that's got to be tough when you've been expecting it for awhile. Well, I'm still waiting for my canopy to show up. Good luck finding another tank.

perchpsk

Well I found a nice 55 gallon set-up with 50# of live rock, live sand, 5 fish,2 anenomes, cleanup crew, a nice white hood and stand for $350 that includes help deliverng it here. It has 2 powerheads, a protein skimmer and a biowheel. I will upgrade to a refugium and get some VHO lighting. Looks like i still need that RO/DI unit asap Crazy.. LOL anyway here it is: