Is this a good price

moonshine

I fald a nother lfs and I went to check them out today and the have Pohnpei it is all qured rock i can get it for $4.99 a pald is this a good price the sad the live rock the have now is fiji im not shoer.:help:

spmnarciso

Can't really understand what you are asking, but if you are saying that you found LR for 4.99/pound that is supposedly cured, it doesn't sound to bad. I'd cure it myself before adding it or if you are starting off new and cycling, just add it and it might just delay your cycling a bit.

silentshaw

if that was live rock for 4.99 a pound thats good for a LFS the lowest i've been able to find was 8 buck a lb. but if you need more then 20 lbs. i'd buy from this sight it works out to be around 4 bucks a pound for the 20-25lb, even less if you buy the 45lb box.

moonshine

You will have to excuse my husbands typing. He has a learning disability and has a hard time with his spelling. He is trying really hard to be comprehendable, please just try to bea with him. :nervous:
What he was trying to say is that at a LFS he found some cured live rock, not sure how it's pronounced, pompeia (long A at the end) of flampeia, or something to that effect. (Sorry, I am not the one who deals with the tank). It is supposed to be fully cured, and the LFS is charging $4.99 a pound if you get 50 pounds or more. My husband wants to get 50 - 55 pounds for his 55 gal tank. He is wanting to know if the price is good, and if that type of rock is good since we dont have anything in our aquarium book about that type of rock.
Thanks,
Mrs. moonshine

birdy

Moonshine- don't sweat the spelling, I knew what you were trying to say- I have dyslexia so I understand how hard things can be sometimes.
Yes that is a good price for LFS prices, you can get it a bit cheaper from online, but you cannot handpick your pieces like you can at the LFS.

ejensen

You people must be rich. Over here in So Cal you can get cured Figi LR for only 3.25 a pound. But if you want the good piece you might have to buy them before they are fully cured.

birdy

Try living in the Midwest, most LFS stores around here sell it for 8.99 to 10.00 a pound, if you are lucky you can find it for 6.99.