Is this a good protien skimmer

clowny123

hey i have a 30 gal tank and want to get a protein skimmer for it i found one i like it is the prizim delux and for a good price is it a good skimmer:notsure:

scubadoo

The Prizm line skimmers are hard to adjust in my opinion. I had one and needed a mop and bucket while adjsting. After three days I removed it. I have seen some reviews that claim the skimmer works well once adjusted and broken in.

acrylic51

IMO I wouldn't buy a Prizm... Have one tinkering with it on a 30 gallon and the thing always needs to be adjusted... Keep shopping there are better skimmers out there

A

andretti

Here's more people disin' the Prism. Mine came W/the 55 I bought as a used set-up. It's the smaller one, rated for a 100 gallon tank; the larger one is rated for up to a 300 gallon tank. Yes they do need a little tweaking and adjusting from time- to- time, especially after water changes, but it's no big deal...just a little turn here and there. They also come with a media basket; you could use carbon, bio material, etc. My tank is completely stocked, and then some. This thing removes the most ugly, smelly, dirty, foul and down right rancid looking stuff that one could imagine. I would not go any higher than a 75 gallon tank for the smaller version, It just dosen't look large enough to handle a 100 gallon tank...especially a fully stocked reef. Maybe a 100 fish only tank, but not a 100 reef. IMO

bdhough

They work but are not the best of skimmers. I had problems with it clogging and the water flow through it reducing so much the power head lost its suction and didn't pull water. A seaclone skimmer from petsmart would work well too and might be a bit quieter. Prisms are very loud in relation to others. If you can spring for it i'd recommend an aqua c remora....

murray bmf

I know they are expensive, but its a one time investment-Euroreef. I love mine and its plug and play. I was skeptical at first, but I broke down and bought it, it was the best decision I've made. the only problem is you need a sump. I had a Sea Clone before that and I know they have a bad rap but it was a really good skimmer. Quiet, easy to clean and affordable. The only problem was it could be quicky at times, but for the price you can't beat it.

legion

THEY SUCK. Then I put pn an aqua c. took it off and built a DIY euroreef(look up the thread). It is by far the best one I have, you must have a sump for it though

adrock16

Get a CPR bak pak they are rated for a 60g tank. Mine works greaton my 55g tank and should work good on yours. They are a bit more money,but well worth it