Is this a good Skimmer??

justin21xx

Hey, looking to buy a skimmer. Just woundering if any of u have used these? Are they any good?
Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer

This is gonna be for 150g

bmkj02

Look for another one. I heard from MANY people that they produce a lot of microbubbles and are hard to tune. Looking for a cheap skimmer and good quality you may want to check out Octopus

justin21xx

Originally Posted by bmkj02
http:///forum/post/3245594
Look for another one. I heard from MANY people that they produce a lot of microbubbles and are hard to tune. Looking for a cheap skimmer and good quality you may want to check out Octopus
Ok thank you. I just looked up those....there are so many to choose from

bmkj02

Reef Octopus DNWB-150 Recirculating Skimmer
or
Octopus NWB-150 Bubble Plate Protein Skimmer
I have the Octopus NWB-150 Bubble Plate Protein Skimmer for my 125 and I like it

bulldog123

I have a coralife 65 on my 54 and am not happy with it. I went with a xp2000 on my 144g. I have only had it about a month but seems to be well worth it.

I have a coralife super skimmer 125 and it is junk. You have to mod it to stop the microbubbles and it hardly produces any skimmate.

nigerbang

CSS can be annoying as hell if you dont keep the water level very very stable.. When I had mine, If the water level dropped 1/4" it would stop skimming properly..
I ended up swapping to a Octopus 150 and it was amazing the difference it made. Then when I set up my new tank I sold the octo and bought a My Reef Creations MR2 with dual beckets.. Puts the Octopus to shame with skimming power.. Granted its made for a larger tank, but the difference is night and day when you compare the thickness of the skimmate and the amount of waste it removes..

nigerbang

This is it running for about 2 days:

Bubbles:

Waste after 2 days:

Waste after about a week:

and a pic from just now.. So 2 weeks or so..:

They are not cheap by any means... But they are worth every penny after using one and seeing it in action..

reefkprz

Originally Posted by justin21xx
http:///forum/post/3245361
Hey, looking to buy a skimmer. Just woundering if any of u have used these? Are they any good?
Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer

This is gonna be for 150g
NO! you dont want the headaches that come with the CL SS's, you really dont.