Is this a new med? Any thoughts?

marcb

Saw this and was wondering if it might be worth a try before I have to tear apart my tank to remove my fish to QT:
No-ICH Marine
Scientifically formulated Reef-Safe water treatment for Cryptocaryon irritans (marine “white spot”) and Ichthyopthirius multifiliis (freshwater ich). Engineered to attack the infectious free swimming stage of the ich life cycle and rid the aquarium of these harmful parasites. No-Ich is safe for all fish, invertebrates, corals, plants and biological filtration systems. 100% copper and malachite free solution. One liter treats up to 100 gallons. Self-Dosing bottle makes measuring and application simple and easy.
It did have a couple of positive reviews I found, anyone know about this product?
Thanks.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by MarcB
http:///forum/post/2982302
Saw this and was wondering if it might be worth a try before I have to tear apart my tank to remove my fish to QT:
No-ICH Marine
Scientifically formulated Reef-Safe water treatment for Cryptocaryon irritans (marine “white spot”) and Ichthyopthirius multifiliis (freshwater ich). Engineered to attack the infectious free swimming stage of the ich life cycle and rid the aquarium of these harmful parasites. No-Ich is safe for all fish, invertebrates, corals, plants and biological filtration systems. 100% copper and malachite free solution. One liter treats up to 100 gallons. Self-Dosing bottle makes measuring and application simple and easy.
It did have a couple of positive reviews I found, anyone know about this product?
Thanks.
Ich is an invert. There is not a medication possible that can kill an invert such as ich, a very hardy invert, and not kill other inverts. That is like trying to kill a specific kind of fly with a spray that will not harm any other fly. It doesn't happen. There are some "reef safe" meds that help to keep ich off of the fish, but they are only a method of control. Ich will still be alive and well in the tank. It just helps the fish keep them off of their body by irritating their skin, causing a thicker slime coat.

marcb

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2982368
Ich is an invert. There is not a medication possible that can kill an invert such as ich, a very hardy invert, and not kill other inverts. That is like trying to kill a specific kind of fly with a spray that will not harm any other fly. It doesn't happen. There are some "reef safe" meds that help to keep ich off of the fish, but they are only a method of control. Ich will still be alive and well in the tank. It just helps the fish keep them off of their body by irritating their skin, causing a thicker slime coat.

Understood. Question is though, based on the life cycle if ich, if you prevent attachment to a host, don't you interrupt the life cycle and prevent reproduction? Therefore, no more ich after a certain period of treatment.
That being said, it does not claim to be a slime coat booster like other meds, but rather to "attack the free-swimming stage of the parasite." It could be designed to take advantage of some vulnerability during this stage that does not effect other inverts.
I have found a couple of reviews on this product, not many. However, all of them said it worked and had no bad effects on tank invert populations.
I know, understand and respect your opinion. I have read the posts on here, and elsewhere indicating that hypo and copper are the only proven treatments. However, given the dificulty of getting the fish out of a 240 gallon tank and into a hospital tank, I am probably going to give this stuff a try. I will report my results, maybe it works, if not, into the hospital they go.