is this a suitable place for a yellow kuda seahorse.

espkh9

[hr]
I have a yellow kuda 3 inch seahorse coming tom. from this site.. i have a 10 gallon tank empty running and cycled for 5 months.. w ith a filter for a 20 gallon tank running cheap HOB and a 100 w heater.it has a 1 inch SB and a a few pieces of LR to form a nice cave for fish to feel comfortable in..i also have a large deep sea yellow gorgonian. in the SB .. and a 8 inch yellow tree sponge coming our of a hole in one of the rocks. ...my wife is already flustered I have my 125 in her kitchen..which is rather large... and my 65 fowlr in the living room...this tank is in my study...
is this a suitable place to house a seahourse i dont know anything about it but they are captive bread eating frozen mysys which i have plenty.
I was thinking of giving it to my friend who owns a LFS to sell in exchange for him setting up my new skimmer and making no bubbles go into the DT with a DIY project. but i can just frag him some SPS and he will be happy and prob do it for me for free.
do you guys think i should just give him the yellow kuda and let him sell it ...or should i put him in my study and should he be alone in the tank ? what fish can i put with him ?
so based on this info...what do you guys think i should do ? keep him or give him to the LFS in exchange for my friends help. (which he would do anyways we give eachother frags all the time, ?)

Just curious but why would u buy something u cant or dont know how to take care of??? Im not trying to sound rude but living creatures should NEVER be an impulse buy, like it sounds like this is

espkh9

it was a $60 item for $14.99 my friend owns a LFS so either i would learn how to care for it or just drop iy by his store and sell it and get the cahs since I got a deal. ? hope this clears everything up...my friends who owns a LFS has been in this hobby for 45 years. I really hope and i dont mean to be rude this answer is satisfactory for you.

mkzimms

kuda will need at least 30G and excellent water quality. buying a $60 fish for $14 and torturing it with shipping and moving through a bunch of tanks isn't worth it. this hobby could use a few more responsible purchasers.

espkh9

are you serious ? you must be insane i took it directly to my friend who owns a LFS he know w hat to do with it...the store is down the block..it is worth it what the heck are you talking about i got a deal ona fish gave it to my friend who owns a fish store he has it in a tank suitable for this fish...he knows exactly how to care for it...this hobby can use a few more responsable purchasers ? go look at my FTS of my 125 REEF..I manage 4 tanks 4 large tanks... think before you talk buying a deal for your friend that owns a fish store is not only responsable but a great thing this hobby could use a few more ppl with common sense.

teresaq

I would think your friend could order his own seahorses direct. Why buy one here are sell to a lfs who will in turn sell it to someone who knows nothing about taking care of it. These are juvie horses and will most likely be so stressed out that it will not live.
I also think this is irresponsible. Buying fish on sale and turning a buck for the price of a life.
T

espkh9

thats very heartwarming im about to cry..if they were so fragile swf.com wouldnt make them thier super special..its not my friends fault who buys it and what happends to it he is in it for the money and so is SWF.COM....he sold it for $85 today...i get half..i'm not intrested in your activist comments please preech to someone else.

viper_930

I'm quite shocked after reading this thread.
All I have to say is if you think that ~42 bucks your friend paid you for that seahorse is a good deal for him, you never took a look at his wholesale list.