is this algae?

boadyboom

i have what looks like a black substance starting to cover a section of my LS. when i take it out it is all once piece and if i leave it it tends to grow each day. Is this caused by a lack of cleaning crew. I just have 3 turbo snails and about 7 hermits and 1 conch-- sorry this is so vague i dunno how to explain it and i havnt figured how to make my pics smaller with my digi cam yet so i can post em on here

zap800

well ill let you know how to resize and resample. you need a picture editing program. i have been recomending irafanview on this website for quite a while now. its free and all you need to do is go to www.cnet.com and search for it,download it, install it, and then use it. you need to open the program and go to image, resize/resample. then resize it to 500x374. thats the max size the board wil let you do. then save as........ whatever and put resized at the end of it, click save. then you should be good to go. if you have any other problems let me know by eighther do a reply, email (zap800@excite.com) or instant message me at (zap800 on yahoo instant messanger). im always on the computer lol

dreeves

Sounds like Cyanobacteria...thrives with excessive nutrients...if it is isolated to a certain spot in the tank...then you may have a dead/slow spot with the circulation...increase the flow in that area and see what happens.

boadyboom

hey thanks for that info i did a search and that sounds like it is it

[hr]
Ans zap i tried that but it wouldnt let me download that software=== Sounds like i need to make a closed loop for my tank--