Is this big enough?

fishy411

ok i am confused so tell me what u want in yur tank. puffers and triggers may nip at a lion but i have seen many cases where it works.
also yur lion may not be able to eat those troublesome damsels bcuz they are pretty lazy

nickfish

I want
Picasso Triggerfish
Niger Triggerfish
Snowflake Eel
Porcupine Puffer
Russels Lion
Blue-Head Wrasse
Foxface Rabbitfish
Maybe some kind of large angel.

reefeel

Your tank is way to small for them when they are full grown. I would get rid of a trigger and make sure the wrasse stays on the small-medium size.

fishy411

y don't u believe it? have u even looked at those beaks? have u looked at a triggers beak? u probly be okay with the triggers u have now as they are more on the passive side but if u looked u could believe it. Just go take a look at a pork puffer and you will see what i mean. and why do u not trust squidd? he's got a really good tank so obviously he knows a lot about saltwater fish.
also i wouldn';t be too worried about getting stung because they normally don't sting people unless you try to do something to it. You can even hand feed them. Also i hope you know that a foxface is poisonous too.

liontamer

A foxface will hurt u more than a volitan will... Look, two triggers is never gonna go down in a tank like that, nope. The Russels will be fine as long as u have no triggers or puffers, and then the rest of yer list would be allright too. Its as simple as saying dont get the triggers, cuz theyll just get too big in the long run and theyll get really nsaty and vicou wen kept in a small space. The pork would be fine, it would get too big over a two year time span, but then that would also limit the possiblity of u getting the lion. So heres a good list for u that'll work, and stick to it, aight?
-Large Angel of your choice
-Snowflake Eel
-Russels Lion
-Blue-Head Wrasse
-Foxface Rabbitfish
These fish combined will create a tolerable bioload for yer tank, but anything else could be pushing it. THese are all large fish that ud be putting in there. If u wanna substitue the puffer for the lion, fine, but no triggers. Puffers are more active and personable anyway...

cincyreefer

Ok guys, this is getting way out of hand. Just because you may have read something on the internet (which may have been from someone else who has no experience) does not make you an expert.
First of all, a large angel would not be the best choice for this tank. I think its temperment would be fine, but angels need optimal water quality and only juveniles should be kept in a tank that size.
As for the lions with triggers and puffers... Squidd pretty much sums it up.
I have stated before that if your not "aware of" or "prepared to deal with" aggressive issues and are afraid that one fish may "harm" another...
Many people have had problems with puffers and triggers biting a lions fins, and probably just as many others have never had a problem. It all depends on the individual fish temperaments and the environment, feeding habits, etc.... Me personally, I have only had a problem with a minitatus grouper attacking a large volitan lion, and that was with a clown trigger in the tank.... But then again the miniatus made it known he ruled the tank. And they were even fine for over 2 years together until I slacked on water changes a little and the grouper must have gotten stressed out.
It all basically comes down to knowing that there might be future problems with the tank, especially if water quality is not optimal. You just need to be prepared if there are problems and be ready to do something about it should it arise.