is this enough ?

baddlord77

I currently have a 120gl w/a 35 gl w/dry supplied by a lil giant.....4 ph's, and a ev180 skimmer........should i add a seprate filter system like a hang-on on something similar...maybe in my wet/dry......i mean.....i am not really using a filter system per-say..am i ? i do clean my wet/dry filter about every week or two..:notsure: if so...what would everyone recommend for additional filtering...

offshore80

You don't mention live rock or sand bed. Do you have any in your tank? Are your water conditions OK? What kind of fish do you have. Sounds like most of your biolical filter is in your Wet/dry.

baddlord77

ABOUT60 LBS OR LIVE ROCK/6 INCHS SAND......One blue damsel, 2 percula clowns, crabs, hermits, snails, 2 cleaner shrimp, 440 watts of vho on a ice cap 660, some polyps, 2 feather dusters and a hammer

offshore80

That's not a big bioload at all for that tank. You should be fine with what you have. But, If you start adding triggers or other carnavors. I would bump up the LR about 30-50 lbs. When you clean your wet/dry I would just replace the filter material and let the biology build up. I use the same skimmer and it seems to work well at breaking up the nitrification cycle.
I really don't need my bio balls any more cause I have 300+ pounds of live rock. So I will soon get rid of them and just use the sump for pumps.

baddlord77

Yeh...i am short on the live rock for sure....so dump bio-balls once i have enough live rock...and what do u recommend for an additional filter.....

offshore80

First off I wouldn't dump the bio balls till your system has been up and running for a year. Then you should have the biology built up in the LR & DSB to support that bioload. I wouldn't add another filter. Your Skimmer, wet/dry, DSB & LR is plenty.
I take it your Nitrate levels are low? Now I use a MAG 350 HOT just for polishing the water column not for anything else. Along with replacing the filter pad in the W/D every week. Put that's just to keep the particulate matter out.